Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

Re: Trade Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Kangamagic View Post
    If Freo do go for Clark they have to go hard is 500k per year to much to pay for him?
    I think it's the right amount for a club seeking a ruckman (Clark has proved his worth in that position), but given we are overflowing with ruckman and have another one on the way in Moller would mean that it is too much for someone who hasn't regularly produced as a KPF.

I would prefer we took Kersten with our first pick (local KPF with good speed/hands/long kick/agility etc.), take some more KPP's in the draft and throw everything at O'Meara; Palmer compensation pick/Mayne/Duffield/Griffin/Kepler/De Boer/MJ/Crowley whatever they're looking for. I'd even consider giving them Zac or Suban if it got the deal over the line. Having that one more top-line onballer gives us just that much more flexibility in terms of inside/outside midfielders, plus Hill/Morabito/O'Meara would be an explosive, home-grown trio to compliment the consistency of Fyfe/Barlow/Mundy/Broughton in the middle. If we have anything left to give after that, then go for Clark IMO, but O'Meara first. That kid has the potential to set us up for the next 12 years.

Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    289 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Agreed, although it looks like it's going to take a lot more than what we can offer to get O'Meara unfortunately.

Team
    WEST COAST
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    906 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    I think it's the right amount for a club seeking a ruckman (Clark has proved his worth in that position), but given we are overflowing with ruckman and have another one on the way in Moller would mean that it is too much for someone who hasn't regularly produced as a KPF.

I would prefer we took Kersten with our first pick (local KPF with good speed/hands/long kick/agility etc.), take some more KPP's in the draft and throw everything at O'Meara; Palmer compensation pick/Mayne/Duffield/Griffin/Kepler/De Boer/MJ/Crowley whatever they're looking for. I'd even consider giving them Zac or Suban if it got the deal over the line. Having that one more top-line onballer gives us just that much more flexibility in terms of inside/outside midfielders, plus Hill/Morabito/O'Meara would be an explosive, home-grown trio to compliment the consistency of Fyfe/Barlow/Mundy/Broughton in the middle. If we have anything left to give after that, then go for Clark IMO, but O'Meara first. That kid has the potential to set us up for the next 12 years.
    Great post hedgehog, spot on.

Shane Kersten is a very talented young key forward who Freo should target with their first pick.

O'Meara is just a gun kid that would be lethal in combo with Morabito/Hill/ Mundy & Barlow - what a midfield that would be
    SC is FFC's number 1 fantasy game

Super Moderator
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter PosterFFC Blogger
    Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions - Outstanding contributions accross the FFC and forwardpress blogs. A huge amount of work completed by Hedge so our thanks go out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    Shane Kersten is a very talented young key forward who Freo should target with their first pick.
    I see a comparison between Kersten and Darling, both should have/had a big impact in their first year, similar height - slightly undersized for a KPF but make up for it with good agility, speed and contested marking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunga View Post
    O'Meara is just a gun kid that would be lethal in combo with Morabito/Hill/ Mundy & Barlow - what a midfield that would be
    and

but yeah, that would be unreal!

FFC Agent of Chaos Big Sledge #32's Avatar
    Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Clark would be great at Richmond where he could play full time ruck.

He'll end up where he wants to so will have a rejuvenated year next year.
    Baltimore Ravens Superbowl XLVII Champions
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkee View Post
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wonder whether he wants to play in the ruck again though? This year he asked Voss to play him in the forward line instead of the ruck which I find a touch odd myself.

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    Fev about 1/5th of the price and at least twice as good!
    FEV kicked another 10 goals in the VFL on Saturday (played on Jamison and kicked 4 on him) then Jamison was benched about halftime. Most clubs are saying no to drafting FEV but you never know a club might pop up and take him.The risk is very high as seen what he has done over the past few years at Brisbane and Carlton (off field incidents).
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

FEV could be good for the Dees even if they really want him, but that was squashed early on when he first came to Casey when Bailey was in charge of the Dees but now he is no longer there. Surely pure football ability should win out but it seems the clubs will keep developing youngsters for games. FEV seems to have his file stamped as a "not wanted player" at many clubs, if Polo can get a game for the Saints surely someone will look at FEV. Polo has been pretty good for the Saints since playing this season and many were like wondering what Lyon was thinking when they drafted him.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

FFC Senior Assistant Coach His_Holiness's Avatar
    Team
    FREMANTLE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fev had his second chance, at Brisbane, and he screwed that up. People rarely ever get a third chance, not just in AFL but society in general. Fev would be incredibly lucky if a club gives him another chance.
    Twitter: His_Holiness15

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by His_Holiness View Post
    Fev had his second chance, at Brisbane, and he screwed that up. People rarely ever get a third chance, not just in AFL but society in general. Fev would be incredibly lucky if a club gives him another chance.
    True he did, no doubt he will be very lucky if a club does give him that chance again. I actually like FEV as a player but the clubs might be thinking that he needs to focus on his family etc and give him the miss which is fair enough as he has had his chances in the AFL but FEV would know that his family is more important then AFL again even though he would love the chance again.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Brereton made a very good statement this week saying it will be the true test of his intentions when if comes to draft time & he has to nominate a salary.

If he nominates a huge fee then he won't get picked up but if he put in a modest one & got signed to performance/behaviour based incentives then he might be a small chance.

There will be a few new coaches about & they might back themselves in to keep him in line.

I for one don't rate his chances of getting picked up but if he keeps smashing goals then he at least makes it harder for clubs to say no.
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

FFC Senior Assistant Coach russea's Avatar
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just touching on the Richmond Ruckman possibilities, I think Stef Martin is still un-contracted at the Demons. They have signed Gawn and Jamar, makes me wonder if one of these teams needing a ruckman could offer Martin the number 1 ruck role, would he be interested in a move..
    Bellchambers 2013.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    561 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by russea View Post
    Just touching on the Richmond Ruckman possibilities, I think Stef Martin is still un-contracted at the Demons. They have signed Gawn and Jamar, makes me wonder if one of these teams needing a ruckman could offer Martin the number 1 ruck role, would he be interested in a move..
    Interesting development.

I think Port & maybe Richmond will try & lure Maric over if they can't get anyone better.

Oh & Rus lose the Masten avatar it's been over a week now my eyes are hurting
    SC only

#AgentOfChaos

FFC Senior Assistant Coach russea's Avatar
    Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Personally I don't think a Maric is the solution to Port/Richmonds ruck problems, but you being a crows supporter would know more about him than me.

And I have come quite attached to Masten after his great game on the weekend! I might keep it
    Bellchambers 2013.

Team
    ESSENDON
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    474 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Twitter Poster - A great twitter poster on behalf of FFC and TFP

Not even a trollface can save that post.
    hoff.