SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Re: Trade Talk

Gunston looks solid, his problem is he is a tweener, not KP size and not quick enough to be a mid forward. Funny that North want him given Edwards, McKinley and Warren have all been picked up in recent times with that same description!

Probably is worth a late 1st in this draft or 2nd in uncompromised drafts. Has done some nice things but not sure how much potential he has, not a guy I'd want at Sydney for anything before about pick 40.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sledge #32 View Post
    Actually GWS can't take Gunston without Adelaide's permission even in the draft.
    I'm sure they would have it if it came to that.

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Gunston looks solid, his problem is he is a tweener, not KP size and not quick enough to be a mid forward. Funny that North want him given Edwards, McKinley and Warren have all been picked up in recent times with that same description!

Probably is worth a late 1st in this draft or 2nd in uncompromised drafts. Has done some nice things but not sure how much potential he has, not a guy I'd want at Sydney for anything before about pick 40.
    The height listings can sometimes be wrong but Gunston is listed as 193cm which makes him just 1cm shorter then Walker!

Team
    SYDNEY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    869 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Awards FFC Blogger

Yeah but Gunston is built like a twig and doesn't look like he has the frame to support much more. Looks a lot like Westhoff or Sam Gilbert more than a KP player, at least that is my feeling on him.

In comparison if you look at Walker he is a big boy with the kind of build that can be a real KPF.
    The Truck is driving the Fish Shack in 2018... Christian Petracca is my boy!

Team
    NORTH MELBOURNE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Awards Fyfe Award - for outstanding contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dylan123 View Post
    From what I've read Kanga, there is talk that Warren could be delisted from NM so I don't think his trade value would be very high at all.

Seen some North supporters say pick 18 and Warran for Gunston which seems a little better.
    Well he has yet to be delisted and we already have moved on a few players. I feel that its a possibility Warren may be trade bait and I would think that Gunston and Warren deal could work out for both teams. Lets face it Adelaide don't have much of a forward line with only Tippett/Walker their two main players to goal. Knights is injured?Porps keeps getting injured so here we are with Warren who can give you abit of a lift in your forward half. He is only 23 years old and has abit of muscle on him. I would think Warren and a 2nd rounder is enough - not a 1st round pick, Gunston hasn't done much since and there is abit to work with still before he becomes a better player.
    Matt Crouch is my boy for 2016 season, can he dominate 2016? time will tell....................

Team
    ADELAIDE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    578 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wogitalia View Post
    Yeah but Gunston is built like a twig and doesn't look like he has the frame to support much more. Looks a lot like Westhoff or Sam Gilbert more than a KP player, at least that is my feeling on him.

In comparison if you look at Walker he is a big boy with the kind of build that can be a real KPF.
    I see where your coming from, read that he would like to add 8kg or so to his frame which I guess could make him a leading CHF although I think as a 3rd tall or even up on the wing would Gunstons best role. Great contested mark and very agile so he could get involved in those pack marks and still contest on the ground.